Cinamaker in a Wireless Environment
Built on Apple iOS, Cinamaker Director Pad (iPad App) controls iPhones/iPads running Cinamaker Capture, the required companion App.
See: Download and Launch Cinamaker Director Pad - iPad App
Cinamaker requires a strong wifi network, wireless or wired, that connects and synchronizes all your devices;
1. Your iPad or Mac running Cinamaker Director Pad (as your controller)
2. Each of your iPhones/iPads running Cinamaker Capture (as your cameras and/or audio capture devices)
3. Your digital cameras will connect via HDMI encoders and therefore MUST be wired (See: Connecting Digital Cameras and HDMI Sources)
Wireless Connection Instructions
Cinamaker Director Pad will automatically detect and connect devices within a range of 15'-25'*. It is critical to configure each device as follows.
1. Your iPad or Mac running Cinamaker Director Pad, make sure WiFi is turned ON
2. For each iPhone/iPad running Cinamaker Capture, make sure WiFi is turned ON.
*As long as iPhone cameras and the iPad or Mac controller are within range of each other and there is no interference they will stay connected without incident. In your home studio or office with clear Wi-Fi, Churches, and Synagogues, or out in the woods or beach you are not likely to have interference between devices.
Under conditions of excessive crowds and electronics competing for bandwidth you may encounter problems sending video wirelessly. Problems may occur at trade shows, music venues or gymnasiums, and/or where distance between cameras and the iPad or Mac are in excess of 15'-25' and therefore out of range, there may be interference that results in dropped connections between cameras and iPad or Mac.
See: Network: Using Wired Ethernet to Connect Devices
Related: Connecting to the Internet