Start a new topic

Live Edit Feature is Amazing, but... Echo Introduced

Yesterday I recorded latest episode of “Creating Photos & Videos” (YouTube) using Cinamaker now that pickup issue for external mics was resolved and found I hadn’t switched cameras for one segment (using two iPhones and an iPad Mini 3 as cameras). I’ve never used the Live Edit feature so I watched Benjamin’s tutorial video and it clicked. First of all, let me say, “WOW!!” It is amazing that this camera switching is possible in post! Incredible! Following his steps, I was able to redo that segment of my video and exported my edited duplicate file in best format. I do all of the editing for my videos with LumaFusion on a 10.5 iPad Pro. I had already started my edits on the original file from my recording session, but I switched to selecting clips from this new file from the Live Edit. Everything seemed to go fine, but I thought I noticed an echo in the audio track that wasn’t there before in original file. I dismissed it. Finished the final edit and posted the video today. Soon got a comment from a viewer saying he thought I was getting an echo with my lav mic because I was in our basement. I listened again. Yup. There’s an echo that, apparently, was introduced/created when doing the Live Edit! So, to hear the difference between original audio and audio after the Live Edit, go to second 16 in my video (https://youtu.be/NZT-b5wRJq4). Listen from 16 seconds (my intro) to 45 to 50 something. Then continue listening. The first clip was from the original file generated by Cinamaker. No echo. The second clip was from a duplicate of the original that I edited to chose different camera angles in the Cinamaker editor and then exported to my camera roll. Somehow an echo was introduced in the file!
Login or Signup to post a comment