Learning Center

Start a new topic

Facebook Live Streaming is RESOLVED - Instructions below - June 3, 2023 (Last Updated)

We can now happily report our direct integration with Facebook Live is back online and working fully.

Thank you to all for your patience!

Please also accept my apology for the inconvenience. I wish there were more we could have done this past month other than direct you to use RTMP to stream to Facebook. Please know- our management team has addressed this issue daily in our company for the past month and have taken it very seriously.

We were literally disabled by Facebook with no notice and for no apparent reason. Our previously verified business with Facebook for many years all of a sudden became not verified and our app integration shut down. We immediately re-started the process to re-verify which the Facebook site told us would take 2 days. That was in the beginning of May. We have finally gotten things settled on June 3rd after a major effort by myself and many on the Cinamaker team. Just so everyone is aware- We have tried everything from day one to fix this issue.

Benjamin
Founder & CEO

Please Note: To start using again

You must download our latest hotfix, posted today, from our website or from the Apple App Store on Mac or iPad. We recommend downloading from the same place you downloaded your Cinamaker Director Studio initially.

If you stream to Groups from Cinamaker you must re-authorize the Cinamaker App from within your Group settings. For details on how to configure please see our learning center article here.   https://cinamakertminc.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/43000501998?portalId=43000023327

We apologize If you are experiencing issues live streaming directly to Facebook Groups and Pages from within Cinamaker Director Studio. 

On May 3, 2023 Facebook informed us that they are having issues with their direct live-streaming integration to Facebook Groups and Pages from within Cinamaker.

Unfortunately, after countless unanswered attempts to get a response to resolve this Facebook issue, it appears Facebook has abandoned support of their direct Live integration. Regrettably, this is impacting all Cinamaker users who rely on live streaming to Facebook from the Cinamaker Director Studio app.

While we have not abandoned all hope in Facebook, we are suggesting two effective options at this time. Please refer to the following options and let us know if you have any questions or issues:

1. You can still send your live stream to Facebook Groups/Pages via the RTMPS option in Cinamaker. Click here for instructions to Live stream to Facebook Groups and/or Pages with RTMP
Alternatively, you may wish to send your live stream to YouTube Live. For details about streaming to YouTube, please follow these instructions: Live Stream to YouTube from Cinamaker Director Studio

We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

- Cinamaker Support

For System Updates on this Facebook matter, please check back here:
https://cinamakertminc.freshdesk.com/a/forums/topics/43000533283

We greatly appreciate your patience.

1 Comment

We can now happily report our direct integration with Facebook Live is back online and working fully.

Thank you to all for your patience!

Please also accept my apology for the inconvenience. I wish there were more we could have done this past month other than direct you to use RTMP to stream to Facebook. Please know- our management team has addressed this issue daily in our company for the past month and have taken it very seriously.

We were literally disabled by Facebook with no notice and for no apparent reason. Our previously verified business with Facebook for many years all of a sudden became not verified and our app integration shut down. We immediately re-started the process to re-verify which the Facebook site told us would take 2 days. That was in the beginning of May. We have finally gotten things settled on June 3rd after a major effort by myself and many on the Cinamaker team. Just so everyone is aware- We have tried everything from day one to fix this issue.

Benjamin
Founder & CEO

Please Note: To start using again

You must download our latest hotfix, posted today, from our website or from the Apple App Store on Mac or iPad. We recommend downloading from the same place you downloaded your Cinamaker Director Studio initially.

If you stream to Groups from Cinamaker you must re-authorize the Cinamaker App from within your Group settings. For details on how to configure please see our learning center article here.   https://cinamakertminc.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/43000501998?portalId=43000023327