Start a new topic
Answered

Can You Mix iPhones connected via Wi-Fi and traditional cameras via HDMI?

I’m wondering if I could add my Olympus OM-D E-M5 II (does support “clean HDMI, apparently) to my 3 IOS devices, connecting the camera via your camera HDMI encoder, but connecting the IOS devices as I am now (i.e., no Ethernet)? If yes, I assume I would need at least one Ethernet to Lightning adapter to connect the iPad running Director Pad to the Ethernet Hub/Router. Thanks. Bill

Best Answer

Bill,

With Cinamaker, whenever a device that requires a wired connection (vs. wireless connectivity) is introduced into the mix, then all devices must be connected via a wired configuration forming a local area network.

In your example, by including your Olympus digital camera, because it interfaces with Cinamaker via HDMI output into an encoder, the output of that encoder is through an ethernet cable to a simple router/switch. With your Olympus digital camera introduced to your camera configuration, now all your iOS devices, iPhones and iPad, must also be wired and connected to the router/switch.

Cinamaker sells Wired Connectivity Kits and components to meet your configuration needs.  

The following video and instructions explain the benefits and methods for connecting your digital cameras/devices with iOS cameras and your iPad running Cinamaker Director Pad.

Cinamaker enables a network, wireless or wired, that connects and synchronizes all your devices; iPhones and digital cameras with the iPad as your control center

Cinamaker Connectivity Kits

There are times when Wi-Fi conditions are not optimal and you will need a wired Ethernet solution to ensure reliable connection between iPad and your cameras. Cinamaker Connectivity Kits are simple to set-up and operate and include a Wired Ethernet solution using a simple router/switch, some ethernet wires, and Ethernet-to-Lightning adapters for the iPad and iPhones. 

The ethernet router/switch includes a WAN port for accessing the internet plus switch ports to connect your iPad,  iPhone cameras, HDMI-enabled encoders for digital cameras and other devices.

Answer

Bill,

With Cinamaker, whenever a device that requires a wired connection (vs. wireless connectivity) is introduced into the mix, then all devices must be connected via a wired configuration forming a local area network.

In your example, by including your Olympus digital camera, because it interfaces with Cinamaker via HDMI output into an encoder, the output of that encoder is through an ethernet cable to a simple router/switch. With your Olympus digital camera introduced to your camera configuration, now all your iOS devices, iPhones and iPad, must also be wired and connected to the router/switch.

Cinamaker sells Wired Connectivity Kits and components to meet your configuration needs.  

The following video and instructions explain the benefits and methods for connecting your digital cameras/devices with iOS cameras and your iPad running Cinamaker Director Pad.

Cinamaker enables a network, wireless or wired, that connects and synchronizes all your devices; iPhones and digital cameras with the iPad as your control center

Cinamaker Connectivity Kits

There are times when Wi-Fi conditions are not optimal and you will need a wired Ethernet solution to ensure reliable connection between iPad and your cameras. Cinamaker Connectivity Kits are simple to set-up and operate and include a Wired Ethernet solution using a simple router/switch, some ethernet wires, and Ethernet-to-Lightning adapters for the iPad and iPhones. 

The ethernet router/switch includes a WAN port for accessing the internet plus switch ports to connect your iPad,  iPhone cameras, HDMI-enabled encoders for digital cameras and other devices.
Thank you, Gary. That’s kind of what I thought, so you’ve confirmed it. I have a switcher box (somewhere in my basement “stuff!”) and cables, so all I need then are four 100Mb Ethernet & USB to lightning adapters and the Cinamaker Encoder / HDMI Camera Adapter, right? Plus, of course the HDMI cable for my Olympus OM-D E-M5 II. Bill

Hi Bill,

Yes, four 100Mb Ethernet & USB to lightning adapters for your 3 iOS cameras and your iPad running Cinamaker Director Pad. 1 Cinamaker Encoder / HDMI Camera Adapter for your Olympus OM-D E-M5 II. Ethernet cables of various lengths and the HDMI cable from your Olympus to the encoder. 

As for the router/switch, test with the box you have and pay attention to the quality of the Olympus. For reference, Cinamaker offers both a 100MB and a GB router/switch.

Hope this helps.

Perfect, Gary, thanks! Just got a few new local students so funding for the purchase is coming available. Serendipitous! Bill
Login or Signup to post a comment